The Butterfly Valves are frequently used in power plants and dams. They have various applications the most common of which are:
- Penstock Protection: the valve acts as both a safety and maintenance device for the penstock. As a rule valves used in this type of application are characterised by large diameters.
- Turbine Protection: the valve acts as both a safety and maintenance device for the turbine. Usually the valves used in this type of application are characterised by high water pressures.
- Water Discharge Line: the valve acts as both a safety and maintenance device for the upstream discharge.
- Water Intake: the valve is employed to open/close the intake lines of the intake tower.
Vortex Hydra design and manufacture both mono-plane and bi-plane (lattice type) Butterfly Valves depending on the dimensional requirements and operating water pressures. As a special application a secondary maintenance seal system that is mechanically actuated (rubber seated in metal) can be implemented. The Butterfly Valves are manufactured with the combination of steel plates and forged components.
Flexible and custom made design solutions:
- The valve dimensions can be adapted to fit with the existing site conditions;
- Sealing System: rubber seated in metal.
- Geometrical Feature: double eccentric
Versatile Operating system
#1 or #2 hydraulic cylinders which could be:
A) single action: opening by pressurized oil, closing by counterweight;
B) double action: opening and closing by pressurized oil;
C) double action: opening by pressurized oil, closing by penstock’s water;
Possibility to supply a full set of accessories:
- Bypass system;
- Upstream connection pipe;
- Dismantling joint;
- Hydraulic Power unit;
- Electrical Cabinet;
- Original Spare Parts;
Vortex Hydra’s range of dimensions:
- Diameter up to DN5000
- Pressure up to PN40
All phases of the engineering design and fabrication through to final testing are undertaken by Vortex Hydra in compliance with UNI EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System.